Radical Bear Internship Position
A paid internship position as a software engineer/developer. The primary responsibility of the interns is the development of database-backed web applications using Ruby on Rails. Experience with Ruby on Rails is NOT a necessity as it will be included in the training, but it is a plus. The only requirement is experience with object-oriented programming languages and a major in a technical field. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a team which will provide valuable experience and marketability for those interested in web application development.
What you’ll learn:
- Marketable Ruby on Rails development experience
- All phases of the software process – from determining requirements to final testing and integration
- Software Testing - Ensure good design, provide living documentation, and dramatically reduce bugs
- API integration - Build dynamic integrations to other software such as Amazon AWS
- Pair Programming- Programming with a partner is a great way to share coding knowledge
- Agile development processes including continuous integration. We ship features all day every day.
- With grit, effort, and desire, you will emerge from this internship a fully-fledged software professional
What we need from you:
- You’re a college student, studying a technical field
- 1-3 year(s) of programming experience
- You write programs/build software for fun, in any language
- Desire to learn new things and learn them quickly
- Positive attitude and work ethic
What Your New Job Looks Like:
- Your introductory training period will be devoted to getting you up to speed in the Ruby language and the Rails framework.
- After that, you’ll be sitting alongside one of our developers for ~20 hours a week. You’ll begin adding real world value to the project and learning the coding habits that lead to great software.
- You’ll be working on-site in Jacksonville, FL.
- We’re looking to build a long-term internship experience.
- Starting ~20 hours a week
- Flexible schedule to work around school
- A small team with a collaborative work environment
- Office location near Mayo Clinic
- Competitive pay rate based on experience with room to grow
Send us an email with your resume to email@example.com if you are interested in joining us.